|1 Day "Man from Snowy River" 4WD Tour|
Visit 'Craigs Hut' made famous in the movie
• 1 Full Day 4WD Tour
• Learn about Australia's pioneering history from a passionate local history buff
• Magnificent scenery
• Morning tea and lunch on day of tour
Time: 1 day
Location: Mansfield, North East Victoria (The High Country)
Suitability: All ages and fitness levels
Season: November to May
Cost: from AUD$220.00pp (incl GST)
• Spectacular scenery and Australian wildlife
• Gourmet regional bush food
• Comprehensive and entertaining commentary all day full of local knowledge of the history and heritage of the region.
We pick you up from your local accommodation at 9.30am and take you straight onto 4WD wilderness tracks, travelling into the Alpine National Park – Victoria's largest national park covering an area of 646,000 hectares, and encompasses most of the state's highest mountains and also diverse and stunningly beautiful alpine topography with ranges, wild rivers, impressive escarpments, forests and open grasslands known as high plains.
Once in this wilderness park, we select somewhere very tranquil and peaceful for a tasty morning tea
Then up and onwards climbing higher to 'Craigs Hut' overlooking the greatness of the Alpine High Country’s breathtaking views that roll through the mountain tops for miles and miles where we enjoy a picnic lunch.
We the visit waterfalls, cattlemens huts and other historical points of interest on our return journey returning to your accommodation by 4.30pm